API 510: Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification Course
INDTT’S API 510 – Pressure Vessel Inspector Seminar
The American Petroleum Institute’s authorized pressure vessel inspectors must have a broad knowledge relating to maintenance, inspection, repair, and alteration of pressure vessels. The API Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification examination is designed to determine if individuals have such knowledge.
The program benefits employers and the industry as a whole by helping to:
- Improve management control of process unit operation, repair, and maintenance
- Reduce the potential for inspection delays
- Provide a continued high level of safety through the use of highly specialized and experienced inspectors
The American Petroleum Institute (API) initiated a Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification Program to improve management control of process unit operation, repair, and maintenance; reduce the potential for inspection delays resulting from regulatory requirements; and provide a continued high level of safety through the use of inspectors specialized in process equipment. The program promotes self-regulation and establishes a uniform national program that will assist state and local governments in pressure vessel regulations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Engineers, Inspectors Designers & operating persons in the oil, gas and petrochemical industry. Those seeking better understanding of use of codes and standards in pressure vessel industries, knowledge of design criteria, repairs alteration and understanding al in service inspection & test requirements.
- API-510, Pressure Vessel Inspection Code – Maintenance Inspection, Rating, Repair and Alteration
- API 571, Damage Mechnisms Affecting Fixed Equipment in the Refining Industry
- API 572, Inspection of Pressure Vessels
- API 576, Inpection of Pressure-Relieving Devices
- API 577, Welding Inspection and Mettallurgy
- ASME, Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
- ASME Section V
- ASME Section VIII
- ASME Section IX
This course has been designed to train individuals who are interested in obtaining the API 510 Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification, as well as those who are seeking a better understanding of ASME Section VIII and IX code requirements. The course material contains specially designed INDTT course booklet & sets of Open & closed book questions & classroom exercises that have been constantly updated and proven to be valuable for success over the past many years.
- Head and Shell Calculations
- Hydrostatic Test Pressure Calculations
- Reinforcement Calculations
- Shell External Pressure Calculations
- Impact Test Requirements and Determination
- Development and Review of Welding Documentation
- NDE Requirements
- API 510, API 572, API 571, API 576, API 577, ASME Sec V, ASME Sec IX & ASME Sec VIII Div I
REQUIRED CODES & STANDARDS:
As in the attached publication effectivity sheet the effective editions of the publications are not required to be carried but will be made available in PDF format during Certification Examination.